Our skin faces a constant barrage of chemicals everyday from pollution to harsh chemically formulated products that strip the skin of its natural balance. These simple Ayurvedic home remedies help you to attain a clear, healthy and glowing complexion. Ayurveda mentions many simple natural ways to maintain a healthy and glowing skin. Using these natural ways, one can stay beautiful for a longer period without having to suffer the side effects of the chemicals.
Below are some simple 'secrets' to achieve a naturally beautiful skin.
- Mix equal quantities of cucumber juice, rose water and lime juice. Wash the face and apply it overnight. Rinse off in the morning. This clears the complexion and keeps it healthy.
- Take 50 ml. of raw (not boiled) milk and mix a pinch of salt and two teaspoonful of lime juice in it. Use it as a cleansing lotion. It helps to clean the deep pores of skin.
- Mix equal quantities of lime juice, glycerin and rose water. This lotion if applied to the face regularly at bed time is very useful in removing pimples, blackheads and other stains of the skin. It makes the skin soft, and can also be applied to other parts of the body (hands, feet etc.)
- Take 50 ml. of tomato juice and mix with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture to the face. It helps to make the skin soft and glowing.
- Take equal quantities of turmeric powder and wheat flour and make a paste with sesame oil. Apply it to the face to remove unwanted hair.
- Apply orange juice to the face for smooth and soft skin.
- Take 30 ml. of cabbage juice and mix one teaspoon of honey in it. This mixture, if applied regularly to the face, helps to keep the wrinkles away.
- Make a paste of raw carrots and apply it to the face. Wash it after one hour. The skin will become glowing.
- Regular application of mint juice to the face helps to remove stains.
Try out some of these simple natural remedies for smooth, clear and radiant complexion.
Tips for Skin Care
Satin Smooth Skin
- When you have a Mango, do not throw the peels. Powder the peels. Add 1 teaspoon milk powder and rub all over.
- Wash off after 5 minutes for a satin finish!
Extremely Dry Skin!
- To treat extremely dry skin, mash a Banana and a tablespoon of Honey to it. Apply on the skin, leave on for 10 minutes and wash off.
Tired / Dull Skin!
- Mix together 24ml Apricot Kernel Oil, 5 drops of Petitgrain Oil, 4 drops of Sandalwood Oil and 3 drops of Chamomile oil.
- Apply as a mask for 10 minutes or massage on to your face.
- It will rejuvenate tired and dull skin.
Dry / Papery Skin!
- Blend together 24ml Jojoba Oil, 4 drops of Patchouli Essential Oil, 3 drops of Sandalwood Essential Oil and 2 drops of Rosewood Essential Oil
- Use this blend for a facial massage to help dry/papery skin.
- Mix a 4th cup Olive Oil to half cup Brown Sugar and add 4 tablespoons grated Lemon zest - makes great low cost body exfoliator.
Skin Care, Honey!
- Moisturize your skin with honey!
- Take 2 tablespoons of Honey and 1 teaspoon of Glycerin.
- Massage it into the skin regularly and wash off after five minutes.
- This will moisturize your skin and avoid the greasy feel.
Soft and Supple Skin
- Scrub your skin with one teaspoon of walnut powder, honey and lemon juice.
- Great way to have a super soft and supple skin.
Remedy for a glowing skin in 15 mins
- Rub a piece of papaya to face and neck till 15 mins and feel the difference on the tip of ur fingers
- The best way for a golden glow in minutes
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2tbsp turmeric powder
- Mix well n use it as a scrub to face n neck for a golden glow.
- Leave on for 15-20 mins and wash off with water
Skin Treatment with Tomatoes!
- Tomatoes are slightly acidic in nature and contain potassium and Vitamin C. Tomatoes are excellent for oily skins and help the skin feel cleaner and tighter, as well as reduce open pores and blackheads.
- Cut the tomato in half and rub on the skin. Leave on for at least fifteen minutes to let the skin feed on the juice,so that it saturates into the pores. Wash off with water.
Sun Damaged Skin!
- If you have overexposed yourself to sun, to soothe your skin, take a lukewarm bath with 5-6 drops of Chamomile Essence diluted in a tablespoon of Carrier Oil.
- Repeat this at intervals of a few hours until the burning subsides.
Smoother Skin with Cabbage
- Cabbage is rich in minerals and vitamins.
- Next time you are boiling cabbage, don't throw away the left over water. Wash your face with this water and you will feel your skin growing smoother.
Blemishes On Face?
- Grate an apple and apply it as a face mask daily for a week.
- Blemishes shall fade away naturally!
- Soft & Clear Skin
- Take a Papaya and rub all over skin.
- This has cleansing enzymes which will leave skin soft and squeaky clean.
Healthy Glowing Youthful Skin
- Massage your face, daily, with a combination of fresh cream, lemon juice and honey.
- Then do a five-minute scrub of powdered almonds, walnuts and honey mixed with a little fresh cream milk.
Clean and Clear Skin
- Take 30-40 Neem leaves and boil in one litre of water until the liquid turns to half.
- Drink three-four tablespoons of this syrup daily.
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric powder, 5 tablespoons of sandalwood powder, 1 tablespoon of almond oil and mix with milk.
- Apply on face, neck and the back. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and wash off.